Here is the first image from my weekend trip to Acadia National Park with the NXNW crew. The who, you ask?
The NXNW crew is a group of photobloggers who converge on a pre-determined location for a long weekend of sleep deprivation, coffee, beer and (of course) photography. The location this year was Acadia National Park — that little jewel of the National Park system on the Maine coast.
Since I am the closest to Acadia, I had the honor of playing host. And showing this group of talented photographers and friends around New England was more fun than I could have imagined!
Over the course of the five days of the of NXNW, the guys had the chance to photograph subjects ranging from the skyline of Boston, the mills of Lawrence, Motif #1 in Rockport MA, lobster traps, boats, lighthouses, and the glorious landscapes and seascapes of Acadia.
I’ll be presenting some of my favorite images from the trip on the Blog over the next few weeks. I hope you like them.
If you want to see more from the trip, be sure to check out the blogs of my friends and fellow NXNWers. They each have talent and passion, and are damned fine human beings. They are also very funny. You’ll want to get to know them a bit anyway. I’ll be talking about them:
- Justin Balog: Came in search of lobster traps (and half of The Photo Frontier).
- Mike Criswell: Scouting locations for The Empress.
- Mark Garbowski: The Gray Man brought beer. ‘Nuff said.
- Rick Louie: Talk to Rick if you want a Rocky Mountain High (I mean the mountains, of course).
- Armando Martinez: Bringer of Light (and the other half of The Photo Frontier).
- Chris Nitz: Unicorn Chaser, Magic Maker.
- Len Saltiel: The only guy I know who can drop the F-Bomb and sound happy.
- Dave Wilson: The only Scotsman ever to shoot a rodeo, Formula One cars and a puffin (at least he says its a puffin).
- Scott Wyden: Teacher, Photographer, SEOer, Musician — Renaissance Man.